FOUNDER/OWNER, NEOS SKIN CARE
To provide exquisite products and services, treat everyone the way I expect to be treated, and do it all with authentic southern class, sass and comfort for discerning customers who appreciate the personal touch. To contribute balanced and thoughtful input to related groups and/or organizations based on my occupational and life experiences. To promote safety, integrity, and proper use of essential oils, herbal products, and alternative methods based on my experiences and personal study.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Cosmetics formulator of premium handcrafted skin care and home care products
- Self-trained with various resources in the benefits, ingredients, formulation and the use of skin care, personal care and home care products
- Natural and trained nose for scents from experience and personal research.
- 27 years of self-study in alternative and natural health and beauty through the use of herbs & botanicals, essential oils/aromatherapy, vintage and home remedies and other alternatives, including the evolving regulations
- Professional and Ministry-related blogger
- 17 years in Christian ministry functions and one-on-one counselling
- Editing Team member for Selah Press
- Editing Team member for His Pasture Press
- Contributing Author for Selah Press
- 4 years in active Home Schooling/Home Education
- Self-motivated, Adaptable, Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Computer literate with basic technology skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills & experience
- Outside-the-box/clear thinker
1987 – 1989
Hamilton County Nursing Home, Chattanooga, TN
Specialized Certified Nursing Assistant
- Specializing in skilled care, geriatrics and terminally ill patients. Providing general, personal and specialized care needs to patients in a non-ambulatory, skilled care unit. Attending to wounds, NG tubes, G tubes, urinary catheterization and colostomy care, personal hygiene, meals and feedings, bedding and room upkeep, physical therapy requirement,s and emotional needs.
1989 – 1992
M & M Construction Soddy Daisy, TN
Personal Assistant/Office Manager/Interior Design Consultant
- Assist the owner with contracts, communications, appointments, and on the job requirements. Manage the office and every aspect of the day to day running of the company. Consult with clients about their design needs and wants, advise on the project, make selections and source design elements based on the client’s choices or expressed desires.
1997 – 2003
Central Baptist Church,Hixson, TN
- Assistant to the Assistant of the Pastor of Congregational Care and the Pastor to the Youth – Volunteer Position
Assist the assistant in her daily duties for 2 pastors and their ministry duties. Keep detailed files and records of counseling sessions and congregational memberships. Coordinate benevolence ministries activities, hospital visitations, bereavement activities and birth and wedding activities. Coordinate outreach programs, special events, ministry retreats and congregational care projects. Arrange travel and accommodations for the pastoral staff, ministry events and evangelistic missions. Conduct regular office operations, project management, graphic design projects and mass mailings. Etc.
2009 – Present
Neos Skin Care, Graysville, TN
- Hand-produce small-batch skin care products from scratch with exquisite ingredients and fragrances. Research and develop new formulations and fragrance blends. Source raw materials and manage supplies as well as finished products stock. Conduct all marketing, project management, customer service, graphic design, sales and shipping activities.
2012 – Present
At Home Woman, Southeast TN Area/Online
- A ministry of support, encouragement and teaching for women who are filling the roles of mother, wife, home educator & teacher, entrepreneur or any other role from and at home.
Selah Press, Franklin, TN
Contributing Author, Editing Team
- Contributed written material and editing for 360 Degrees-Reflections of Hope.
- Contributed editing for Puffy & Blue, Chronicles of Nine Lives Together
His Pasture Press, Graysville, TN
- Contributed editing for Essential Lotion Making-Skin Care Made Easy.
2011 – 2013
Indie Beauty Network (IBN) Chattanooga, TN
Member; Local Director for Chattanooga and surrounding areas
- Bringing together IBN members and independent business owners in a 2-3 hour radius of Chattanooga to build a network of support, ideas and business growth. Planning meet-ups, seminars, and other events for the independent beauty businesses in my area for the purpose of learning, achieving and succeeding.
1992 – Present
Moore Household, Graysville, TN
Wife & Mother; Homemaker
- Performing all activities, expected and unexpected, required for maintaining a successful family life including cooking, cleaning, supporting, encouraging, teaching, loving, understanding, disciplining, consoling, and entertaining.
1988 – Present
Self-study in Alternative Health and Beauty, including Essential Oils, Herbs, Aromatherapy
Extensive literature and online sources
2011 – Present
HomeLife Academy, State of Tennessee
Teacher, Private Satellite Campus
State of Tennessee
SCNA Certification Training (Skilled Care, Geriatrics, Terminally Ill)
Soddy-Daisy High School,Soddy-Daisy, TN
Current - Plans to seek formal education in aromatherapy and herbalism in the future.